I am a turtle when it comes to fulfilling tags, but I’ll try to catch up:
Writer’s Life Q&A
- What Kind of a Writer are you?
There are kinds of writers? One who needs to write.
- When did you start writing? What made you want to do it?
I was 12, I liked being immersed in another world.
- What inspires your stories?
- What themes do you like to explore in your writing?
- Are you a panster or a plotter or a bit of both?
- Where are you at in your journey?
The beginning of a sentence in a chapter (in a completely literal way).
- Have you ever entered any writing contests?
I remember playing with contest prompts in high school but I rarely entered contests.
- Who are your writer heroes?
I admire Aliette de Bodard, Patricia A. Mckillip, Banana Yoshimoto, Catherynne M. Valente, Haruki Murakami, Laini Taylor, Octavia E. Butler, Ray Bradbury, Ursula K. le Guin, Merlinda Bobis, Juliet Marillier and Isobelle Carmody.
- Have you been to a writer conference?
I’ve been in the audience of writer panels.
- Three tips you’d give to newbie writers:
Read when you need to. Write when you need to. Have fun. Seriously.
Blogger’s life Q&A:
- How Long Have You Been a Blogger?
On and off since I was 19.
- At which point do you think you’ll stop blogging?
It could be tomorrow. Realistically, if another priority takes over.
- What is the best thing about the community?
- What is the worst thing? And what do you do to make it okay?
I love it when the community brings social justice issues to light – but when negative cases of injustice reoccur, I feel disheartened. It feels like the same discussions need to reoccur. I take a break from it and focus on creating positive and/or critical content.
- How long does it take you to create/find pictures to use?
- Who is your book crush?
I haven’t had one in a while. Hmm. Rushton from Obernewtyn?
- Which author would you like to have on your blog?
Any of my favourite authors.
- What do you wear when you write your blog posts?
- How long does it take for you to prepare?
Drafting and editing reviews can range from 2 days to 2 weeks.
- How do you feel about the book blogger community?
Thanks to Romi for tagging me!